Educational toys

Educational toys
The Creativity Institute for Creative Toys

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Bookmarks that make memories

When my children were little, I was always trying to find stolen moments to read. My girls knew reading was (and still is) one of my most favorite and cherished activities. They also knew I was always misplacing bookmarks. One day they presented me with a handful of delightfully colorful bookmarks they had painstakingly created themselves with old paper samples and crayons. Needless to say, I've never lost any of these bookmarks. I consider them treasured heirlooms.
The point of this bit of sentimentality is that bookmarks make thoughtful gifts your children can make for family members, Godparents, teachers or anyone. Put clear packing tape or clear contact paper on both sides of the art, and the bookmarks are instantly laminated. Punch a hole in the lamination and add ribbons or tassels for a fancier look. You can even make them into ornaments or key rings.


Chief Imagination Officer

No comments: